I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion. ~Jack Kerouac

by khristin ann Sunday, June 06, 2004 at 7:16 PM

....in bed

why do all my 8 1/2 hour shifts magically turn into 9 1/2 hours? because they dont know how to write a schedule. i already have over 40 hours a week and ive only been putting in like 5 hours a week at marys. i need to get rid of that job. but like i already get so many hours at dicks, and they always talk me into staying later. and then when you add in my other job(s), i work too much. and i am still broke. how does this work?

i somehow missed my whole drive home, but there are two parts i remember. first there were piles of clothes on the side of the highway. either someone kidnapped a homeless man/woman that was walking on highway 41 and threw their clothes out, or someone was throwing clothes out their car window for fun. i was so confused. then i almost took part in an accident, no fault of mine. there was an old guy (i think in a buick, but it was a steryotypical old guy car) who put on his blinker to change lanes. and he had enough space to change lanes. but then a very nice gentleman (note the sarcasm) in chevy pickup truck decided it would be a good idea to speed up and not let the old man in. but the old man was already halfway in the lane. and the chevy swerved, almost hitting the cement barrier, but the whole time he was still speeding up. and if they would have hit, i probably would be in on the fun since i was behind the chevrolet so the old man would have attacked me with his buick. but i am alive and so is my car (which i realized this weekend that i have had my cavalier for 3 years now, because i have 3 state park stickers. i am getting old)

i am going to buy a tennis racket. we are in search of a fourth (we have me, jenny, and carrie) so if anyone wants to play tennis with us (i am not speaking for them, but i am not a real high quality tennis player) you can be our fourth.

karma got 'head shoulders knees and toes' stuck in my head for the last two days. i think the kid is super cool, but now the song gets real old. and after being at work ALL DAY and having that song just in my head over and over, i am ready to do some harm to another person. watch out. it might be you.

Post a Comment