I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion. ~Jack Kerouac

by khristin ann Sunday, March 05, 2006 at 2:50 PM

rectum? damn near killed him

Yet another beautiful day wasted away inside the insanely cold walls of the basement of Radford. Yes, I am spending my Sunday off doing homework on a computer owned by the state of Wisconsin in my navy pinstriped pants, a Packers jersey and a black sweatshirt. Khristin's logic: if my day is going to be horrible, then my clothes don't have to match. Then again, I don't shower on holidays. I also am too lazy to wear underwear most of the time. Like today. I spend so much time inside this room I feel like I should know everybody here. But I don't. When I got here, hours ago, I was having some difficulties bringing up the files on my (brother's) jump drive. I was thinking to myself, "WTF, BBQ!!!" when I asked the Abercrombie wearing, Ryan Cabrara-ish guy behind the desk for help. He was an arrogant jackass about it. I was like, "sorry, dude, I don't know that much about computers". Some day, I hope we are in a situation where he needs to know about literary criticism and I am going to be a total beotch. So there. I am close to completing this project, and when I say close, I mean another hour point five or two. When I print it for the final time and push down on the stapler, there is going to be this glowing light emanating all around me and the voice of angels singing, "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh". It will be a beautiful scene. If you would like to witness it, I am on computer 23 in Radford.

I am trying to figure out my schedule for next semester. Life has become increasingly difficult. I may not be a full time student in the fall, or I might have to take some bullshit class to keep the full time status. Right now, being a full time student does not have any benefits since I do not have insurance (and have not had it in awhile) and will continue to be uninsured for at least 90 days. (Unless I get the benefits of COBRA and get a restitution check on everything that I have paid for and will pay for in the upcoming months). I am going to take an African American women's literature class (which may or may not be interesting) and a rhetoric class. I want to take another creative writing class but I cannot decide between fiction or poetry. Fiction is a night class, which means poetry would fit better into my schedule. I do enjoy writing poetry, it is just that I am not very good at it. I know, that's what the class is for. But I am just not sure if I could handle a whole semester of writing poetry.

Back to the insurance issue- I went to the pharmacy this week to pick up a bottle of pills. Topomax, to be exact, an anti-seizure drug. No, I am not epileptic, but this drug is ADA certified for other uses. Do you know how much a one month supply of this drug costs the average uninsured person? $166.99!! Again, WTF BBQ!!!

There were two days last week that I had driven to campus, both of which I had to use the "four hour parking" meters. Coincidentally, both times I left campus with 13 minutes left on the meter. Since the number 13 is seen as an omen, I am interpreting it as a stroke of good luck. I have been told repeatedly that I seem to have some bad karma. So, in my world, this sign of bad luck is going to mean good luck. If I was the Ho-Tung Buddha I would let you rub my tummy for some good luck. You can rub my beer belly anyways*. The boys at work do. No, I am not a prostitute and I do not sell watches or jewelry (or anything for that matter) out of a trench coat on the corner.

*Yes, I am aware "anyways" is not proper grammar. I have always thrown the 's' on the end and used it as a plural to piss Juliane off. I cannot remember why it upset her so much, but I think it had something to do with Joe. It has become a habit now.

Post a Comment