I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion. ~Jack Kerouac

by khristin ann Monday, May 01, 2006 at 6:32 PM

baby beluga

Weird things happen in our neighborhood. The other night there were two cop cars and an ambulance in front of our house and a cop came knocking on our door at 3 am. Today I saw a guy walking down the street carrying his bicycle. It wasn't like he was having problems riding it. He was carrying it up high, the top of the bike was over his head and the tires were even with his chest. And he was just walking down the street at a normal pace, like this was common. Our landlord drives his jeep on our sidewalk. I can't wait to move.

I am so broke this week. I think I am going to start one of those charity funds at the bank and call it "Kristin is a poor college student who works 40 hours a week but still has no money probably because she is addicted to bead/craft stores and goes out drinking a lot but she sure would appreciate it if you would donate to her bad habits" fund. Only in order to do that, I would have to drive to the Winnebago County Mental Health Institute, and that is quite a hike from here. And they have the worst hours out of any bank I have ever been to. And I have been to a lot of banks. You could call me a bank whore if you would like.

I have so many papers to write and novels to read and exams to study for and shit to do this week. I can't wait until the next two weeks are over. No summer classes for this girl. I am going to be free to sit around in my underwear and watch Days and go to the beach. I haven't worked out in three weeks, but I am not allowed to. I am supposed to start physical therapy again, but I hardley have any time for the important things in life (such as sleeping, eating, and showering), much less visiting a doctor at least once a week. So I am putting it off. I've gotten so used to my back hurting that if it didn't hurt it would feel strange. Sometimes my back feels better if I sleep on the couch or in the chair downstairs instead of laying flat in my bed. I know that sounds weird. Well, I am going to break out the credit card and go up to the grocery store to buy me some ice cream. I need motivation for this 3000 word paper. I only have 341 words so far.

Post a Comment