I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion. ~Jack Kerouac

by khristin ann Tuesday, July 18, 2006 at 2:20 PM

don't go chasing waterfalls

the pictures randomly changed order from the way i put them on. the first and last are from city park in appleton, at about 3 am. The first is Sheila and Chris in the fountain with the little kids; the last is Sheila and I making faces on the slide. The middle picture is from when Kira was in town and all of us went out in Oshkosh one night.

Sunday night, when leaving Peabodys, I kicked something (I believe it was an instrument case, but I'm not sure) when walking out the door. I have a fat and bloody baby toe.

The wife and I played tennis yesterday morning. I can only imagine how eccentric we looked out there on the tennis courts with both of us barefoot, in our classy, namebrand tennis apparel, playing the game with no rules or boundries. We hit the ball wherever it landed, even if it was out of bounds or on the next court over. Even though the humidity was deadly, it felt good to be outside and actually doing something besides making jewelry or reading a book (since that's pretty much all I've been doing in my free time). It was quite a game. We came to the decision that our tennis skills have improved since last time we played.

I'm glad it is not as hot in the orphanage today as it has been. I turned the fan on low last night because the constant whizzing of it has begun to irritate me. I cannot wait to move out of this shithole. I finally got the internet working (again) this morning. I have two days left of my ten day working streak, then I have two days off. Thursday and Friday are going to be glorious.

Sheila chose to sleep on the futon the other night after we got back from jazz, which might have been a bad decision on her part. The futon is at the foot of our beds. I was wearing a skirt and I like to take up my whole queen size bed (and even some of Jenny's bed). Free show.

Art in the Park is two weeks away. I'm not real sure how we are going to set up the displays, what we are going to use for tables, just basically how we are going to do anything. Plus there is a shit ton of stuff I was planning on making before hand. Time is not on my side.

I keep being disconnected and reconnected to the internet. That's not cool. My mom and dad's house is currently mouse free. All 50-some traps are removed (besides the ones in the garage) and all the furniture is put back in place. I have not taken my contacts out in days. Probably all week.

We missed the last two weeks of garbage. We have a lot of trash in our driveway/backyard gravel area. I hope I don't forget again this Thirsty Thursday. I don't think the downstairs girls have been taking their trash out either though because there is a lot of garbage back there.

I don't have enough quarters.

Post a Comment